Brandon is having an Olaf party this year. So for his treat at school he chose chocolate chip cookie cups with Frozen decorations. I was able to find Frozen cupcake rings and snowflake candies on Amazon, yay! Here's how they turned out.
The cookie cups are easy to do and are a fun alternative to a cupcake. Follow the easy steps below, and impress your friends and family this holiday season.
- Start with your favorite cookie dough recipe (or a tub of store bought dough, I won't tell)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a muffin pan with cooking spray
- Press about 2 tablespoons of dough into the muffin cup, pressing on the bottom and up the sides. Be sure to hollow out the middle a bit to create a well.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then take a spoon and knock down the center of the cup to re-create the well. The bottom naturally puffs up during baking.
- Bake for additional 7 to 9 minutes or until golden brown and the cups no longer look soft in the middle
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, this allows the cup to cool and hold its shape
- Using a sharp knife, carefully lift the cup out and allow to finish cooling on a rack
- Dollop favorite butter cream recipe in the center of each cookie cup