Tuesday, June 19, 2012

School Wrap Up!

Brandon is graduating from preschool tomorrow....sigh!  My baby is heading to kindergarten in the fall....what am I going to do??

Well, I'm getting ahead of myself.  We still have the whole summer to get through, so I will not shed tears quite yet. Well maybe a few tears. 

It has been a busy few days.  My parents came into town on Father's Day.  My mom is still here, but my dad has headed home.  However, I did make a special dessert for him and Jay on Sunday.  Now this dessert is not hard, and it's not my idea either.  It totally belongs to Sara Lee. 

My mom started making this when we were young, and she has made it so many different ways.  Basically all you need is a Sara Lee pound cake, fresh fruit, and Cool Whip.  Yes, nothing says "I love you" more than partially hydrogenated vegetable oil ;)  You can use real whipped cream, but I suggest serving immediately, so it doesn't go flat and soupy. 

The picture shows it all.  Simply cut the defrosted pound cake into thirds length wise.  Slather each layer with whipped topping, and sliced fruit.  I used strawberries, but my mom has used mixed berries, peaches, bananas, etc.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.




I have also been busy making dessert trays for our staff appreciation luncheon at Adam's school.  Here's a little look of the mini cupcakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment