Monday, June 25, 2012

Getting Ready For Adam's Birthday

My oldest is turning 7 years old in a couple of days.  I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

So each year I ask him what he wants for his birthday theme.  This year he asked for a Harry Potter birthday.  He was very specific about what cake he wanted too.  For the party at my parent's house, he wants a spell book cake, and for my in-laws he wants golden snitch cupcakes.  OK, I can do this :)

So today, I decided to make the wings for the golden snitch cupcakes.  I want to give them plenty of time to dry before I transport them 300 miles.  So I whipped up a batch of royal icing, traced a sheet full of wings, and began piping.  I finished them off with clear decorating sugar, to give them a bit of sparkle. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment