Thursday, October 27, 2011

Favorite Things

I am going to share a few of my favorite things today.....but first I need to tell you why I chose this topic.

My day started with a bang!!!  Brandon came in this morning at 4:30 am, wanting to get up. I told him he had to go back to bed it was still night time.  He left my room yelling that he wasn't tired.  Oh boy, it's starting already.  Then at 5:30 am he came in again, I told him "Back to bed!!!".  Honestly at that point I wondered why it was so light for 5:30.  Well, at 7:00 am, Adam came in asking to go down stairs, I said sure, I was getting up anyway.  I stroll downstairs, make my coffee, give the kids their breakfast, and gave them their Halloween cards to open from their grandparents.  I am enjoying my freshly brewed Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla (from my Keurig), when my lovely husband comes out of the bathroom and states, "Do you know it's 8:00 am."   WHAT?!?!?!!?

I leave the house everyday at precisely 8:07 am to walk Adam to school.  I jumped out of my chair, told Adam he had to go upstairs and get dressed, and like a lunatic run into the kitchen to make his lunch.  I am yelling up to Adam what clothes to put on while slapping a PB&J together, pouring milk into his thermos, and figuring out a healthy snack for him.  I am also barking out to Jay, that he needs to take Adam to school today. There is no way I can get Adam, Brandon and myself ready in the next 5 1/2 minutes.  Adam emerges from his room, in a somewhat matching outfit, packed his backpack, and I send him on his way to school with Jay.  OH SHOOT!!!!! Adam has a walking field trip to the library today, it's raining, and I forgot to give him his umbrella.

In my frenzy, I managed to ask my husband, if he thought it was odd, I wasn't downstairs getting ready before 8:00 am??? He responded, "I thought you were sleeping in."  Really??? On a school day??

Now I have a few minutes to breathe and gather my thoughts before I have to take Brandon to preschool.  I run up to the shower, get Brandon dressed, and manage to finish my coffee. 

So what happened, why was I so late??  Well, I have an alarm clock that automatically resets itself if the power goes out.  A few years ago, when the powers at be changed daylight savings time, my alarm clock didn't.  It was still on the old schedule.  Last night, my alarm clock, fell back (on the old schedule).  So when Brandon came in at 4:30 am, it was really 5:30 am, and at 5:30 it was really 6:30, our normal wake up time.



I have been suffering from a nasty head cold and I welcomed the extra sleep, but not the chaos.  All is well as of this moment.  I took Brandon to school, swung by Adam's school and dropped off his umbrella, and ran a few errands.  I was supposed to get my haircut today, but I will leave that for another day.   Oh did I mention, yesterday I locked myself and Brandon out of the house! I know I am not alone, my neighbor had a similar few days a couple of weeks ago. Read about her frenzy on her fabulous blog here: Project Anthologies.

So with all of the ups and downs today, I decided to think of things that make me happy. I will share a few of my favorite things.

I love my new Vera Bradley grand traveler bag in Rhythm and Blues.


WEN cleansing conditioner in pumpkin ginger and pomegranate. I love this one so much I have the gallon size of pomegranate, offered every May from QVC.

Philosophy shower gels.  I have a ton of these, but right now I am hooked on candy cane.




Finally, I love my Keurig and it's variety of K-Cups.




Happy Thursday, I'll be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment