Monday, September 5, 2011

Fired Up For A Sewing Project

One of things I managed to accomplish while on vacation was an amplifier cover.  My oldest son plays electric guitar, and for his birthday we gave him an amplifier.  The amplifier did not come with a cover, and when I went shopping online I was shocked.  A basic plastic cover was $24.99. Yeah, I wasn't paying that. 

So off to the fabric store.  After several debates back and forth, Adam settled on fabric with flames.  I thought it was perfect, very rock 'n roll! 

So I simply measured each side of the amp, top, front, and back.  I added an inch all the way around; cut out the pieces.  I pinned them wrong sides together, turned it inside out and checked the fit.  Finally, I turned it back to the pinned edges, sewed 1/4" seem allowance, and finished it with 1/8" hem.  Perfect!!

Before
My son was thrilled, and I was pleased.  I am not a sewer, but I was determined to make this work.  My cost about $4.00 for a yard of fabric. Linking to these parties.

After

No comments:

Post a Comment