Sunday, September 4, 2011

Cinnamon Sugar Melting Moments

Let's take a moment......aaahhhh...didn't that feel good?  It would be even more enjoyable if you had a cinnamon sugar melting moment to eat. 

While I was home, I had the chance to look through one of my mom's older cookbooks.  Many of the recipes are quite strange, but this one stuck out.  It's a cookie called melting moments.  The original recipe didn't include cinnamon in the batter, or the cinnamon sugar to roll the cookie in.  Those additions were my little experiment. 

My alterations were a success.  I made them and left one out for each boy, and a few for my parents.  I didn't say much, just that I made cookies.  I knew I had a hit, when my dad, asked if the rest on the cookie sheet were going anyplace special.  I responded with a no, and he immediately had three more!

This recipe is super simple.  It produces a soft cookie with a nice hint of cinnamon.  I also liked that it has no egg, for those who have allergies.  The recipe can also be double quite simply, but I liked that it only made 18.  Sometimes making a whole batch is just a little too much.  Give it a try and enjoy your own moment :)

Linking to these parties.

recipe (yields 18 standard cookies)

1/2 c. butter

5 tbsp. powder sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1 c. flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. cinnamon & 3 tbsp. sugar (for cinnamon sugar to roll the cookies in)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl combine cinnamon and granulated sugar to make the topping; set aside. In a large bowl, cream together butter and powder sugar. Add vanilla, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and flour. Stir until just combined. Form 1 inch balls of batter and roll into cinnamon sugar. Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Either with a fork or your palm, push lightly to flatten the cookies. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on the cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment