Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cupcake Spotlight (June 2011)

Is it a cookie? Is it a cupcake? It's a mix between the two.  I started making these about 15 years ago.  I loved a store at our local mall called Original Cookie (who since has been taken over by Mrs. Field's).  They had these little delectable cookies filled with frosting.  Every time I would go the mall, I would buy one.  The only thing was, they were super expensive.

This began my quest to making my own version.  After several attempts, I came up with the process.  It's not hard, but does involve a few steps.  Also, I discovered using Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough does work best.  Homemade doughs tend to be too soft, and wind up burning the edges before the center gets cooked. 

I thought these would be perfect to make for 4th of July.  They travel well to parties and picnics, and are always a crowd pleaser. Decorate them with festive sprinkles and you are guaranteed to be a hit.

Enjoy!

Click here for recipe.
Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment