Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wholesome Wednesday (Creamsicle Smoothie)

Today has proved to be a little trying.  I took my youngest to an ENT and now we have some decisions to make over the next month or so.  In about an hour, I have to go get my oldest from school and then we are off to library class.

I haven't had much of an appetite today, but I need something nutritious before heading back outside. When I get in moods like this, the one thing I go back to time and time again is a smoothie.  It's great for a quick snack or meal. I can make it in less than a minute and feel good about drinking it instead of opting for the less healthy choice of a candy bar.  The smoothie du jour is creamsicle.  It's light and fresh and has received approval from one of my toughest critics, Brandon.  He took a sip and gave me a thumbs up :o)  

Here's the recipe, enjoy!  Check back in a few days to see what else I am cooking or crafting!

recipe

1 c. orange juice (regular or 50% less sugar)
1/2 c. milk
1/3 c. plain yogurt
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ice cubes

Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until ice cubes are broken up.  Serve immediately.  Also try adding a banana or some fresh pineapple!

No comments:

Post a Comment