Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fudgy Brownies

My dad was in town yesterday fixing my elliptical, YEAH!!!  I am so happy to have it back.  What does that have to do with today's post you ask??? Well, I always pay my day with food, seeing he would never take money.  We have a standing joke that when he finishes one project he has earned dinner, and if he finishes a second her earns dessert.  Yesterday he earned dinner and dessert. 

I didn't really have a dessert planned, mainly because I have been watching my weight, and just haven't been making a lot of sweets.  While dinner (crab cakes) was cooking, I whipped up an easy fudgy brownie.  This would fill the bill for dessert for my dad, and a play date snack the next day with one of Adam's friends.  The recipe is easy and you probably have all the ingredients in your pantry.

recipe (serves 12)

1 stick of butter
1 c. flour
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. chocolate (I used milk chocolate chips)
1 1/4 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Melt butter, cocoa powder, and chocolate chips over a double boiler. Set aside to cool a bit.  Cream sugar and eggs until fluffy.  Slowly add the cooled chocolate mixture and stir to combine.  Add dry ingredients until just mixed. Bake in a greased 9x9 pan for 42 to 45 minutes.  Be careful not to over bake.  The edges will be slightly crispy but the center should be a little soft.

Pa and Brandon snuggling

Adam helping Pa fix electrical

Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment