Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Spaghetti Sauce

Monday was a cold and snowy day here in Oneonta.  I took the opportunity to plug in the slow cooker and make spaghetti sauce.  The house smelled wonderful and I was able to re-stock my freezer with 6 pints of sauce.

I am not claiming to be an expert on spaghetti sauce. I don't have any secret Italian recipes for it. This is just a basic spaghetti sauce, that has simple flavors.  It is wonderful over pasta or on your homemade pizza. 

recipe  (yields 6 pints)

1 Large Can of Tomato Sauce (6lb 9oz)
1 can tomato paste (6 oz)
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
1 Tbsp Oregano, dried
1 tsp basil, dried
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
Pinch of sugar

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.  Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment