Friday, November 19, 2010

Cupcake Party

Thursday was a day of celebration.  What better way to celebrate a 3 year old's birthday than with cupcakes. We had a complete birthday bash with cupcake tableware, decorations, and a giant cupcake birthday cake!

The cake was simple. I used the Wilton cupcake pan, just the bottom portion for the cake.  Then I piped the wrapper with a large round tip, and decorated the top with a large shell tip.  I used blue and yellow frosting together in a piping bag, to give an ombre look to the top.

For the table, I ordered a simple cupcake theme tablecloth, plates, and napkins.  As for the decorations, I found a coordinating cupcake birthday banner, cupcake hanging swirls, and cupcake die cuts for the windows.  Everything coordinated in blue, lime green and yellow. 

Overall I say we had a very happy birthday boy. He received a Melissa and Doug cupcake decorating set, remote control car, a pillow pet, and clothes.  He really loves the shirt his big brother got him, Cookie Monster :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment