Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chocolate Covered Apricots & Cashews

Okay, I found myself standing at the pantry snacking on chocolate chips.  I know it's not a healthy habit, but sometimes you just need chocolate. I've had one of those days.  Being practical, I figured if I made a snack that had fruit and chocolate, it would be a little more healthful.

I put a small bowl over a pot of simmering water and poured 1 cup of chocolate chips in the bowl.  Over a medium low heat melt the chocolate.  Then I took dried apricots and dipped half  and lay them on wax paper to cool.  After dipping the apricots, I still had some chocolate left.  I poured a handful of cashews into the chocolate and stirred. Next, using a spoon, scoop the nut mixture into mini muffin cups.  Allow to cool until chocolate is hardened.

In the past, I have given these sweet treats as holiday gifts.  They would also be nice as a quick dessert after a meal.  Sometimes you just want a bit of sweetness, and not a whole dessert.  Personally, they will be an indulgence over the next week or so, when I want something chocolate. 

You can dip any dried fruit or nuts you choose.  Adam loves chocolate covered cranberries. Also chocolate covered Spanish peanuts are wonderful.  Let your imagination run wild with this one!


Linking to these parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment