Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Favorite Cocktail

People who know me, can attest to the fact I really don't drink.  I never wanted to when I was younger and as I got older it still didn't interest me.  I would have an occasional glass of champagne on New Year's and that was about it. 

Then I started dating Jay and it was all down hill, just kidding.  We went away to New York City and in our adventures we went to a comedy club in Greenwich Village.  It was spur of the moment and had a fabulous evening, but the catch was there was a two drink minimum cover charge. I looked at Jay who knew I wasn't a drinker and had no idea what to order. Jay ordered a beer and told the waitress I would have an orange stoli and 7-Up.  Oh baby, I was in love, and I'm not talking about Jay.  So after my two drink cover, I was pretty tipsy and we had an adventurous subway ride back to our hotel at 2 AM.  Jay spent most of the ride trying to keep my comments about the girl in the pink leopard spandex pants quiet. After that evening, Jay vowed if I was drinking he could not, because I get a little too tipsy too quickly.

Now that I gave the back story about my favorite cocktail, I will give the recipe for it too. I still enjoy this drink every now and then. It's light and refreshing and does bring back fond memories.

recipe

1 shot of orange vodka
1/2 can of 7-Up
serve over ice

So simple and so tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment