Friday, August 6, 2010

Iced Coffee Delight!

Yesterday was a very stressful day of ups and downs for my little one.  Brandon has some tummy issues that we deal with daily, but the heat & humidity made him feel absolutely awful.  I spent most of the day cuddling and rocking him.  By 7 o'clock in the evening he perked up a bit (right in time for bed) and I was able to treat myself to a much deserved iced beverage. Now mind you the kids were still awake so it was a mock-tail, but could easily been turned into a cocktail.

I decided to make a vanilla iced coffee, reminiscent of the Dunkin Vanilla Iced Latte.  The ingredients are simple and takes about 2 minutes to make. I made mine using my much loved Keurig, but a regular coffee pot or even instant coffee will do.  Here's how to do it:

8 oz freshly brewed coffee
vanilla coffee creamer (i used italian sweet cream flavor by coffee mate)
whipped cream
chocolate syrup

start by brewing 8 oz of coffee over ice (i used a french vanilla iced coffee k-cup)



if not using a Keurig, at this point pour over ice. then add about 3 tbsp creamer



add whipped cream & drizzle with chocolate syrup

sit back, relax & enjoy

You could always add a shot of Kahlua or Baileys to make it a cocktail!

No comments:

Post a Comment